Monday 22 October 2012

DMGM Skin Primer - Review & Swatches


Hi all!

I am dedicating today's post to the DMGM Skin Primer.

I have chosen to review a primer because women often underestimate the power of facial primers whereas they are and should be a compulsory part of your make up regime. Their importance lies in the fact that primers prepare your face for your foundation by evening out skin tone, filling in lines and pores and creating a smooth canvas for your make up to glide on. 

Skin primers are also instrumental in keeping oil at bay and prolonging the life of your foundation which ensures that your skin maintains a fresh and flawless look all day long. 


Description

The DMGM Skin Primer promises to “absorb excess oil and maintain a fresh matte finish that lasts for hours”. 

It also promises to do the following:
  1. Fixes your make up and makes it long lasting
  2. Blots away excess oil and makes your skin look completely matte
  3. Advanced water proof formula and grape seed extract make a protective film on the skin against irritation
  4. Moisturizes and gives the skin a soft and velvety touch
  5. Minimizes enlarged pores and the appearance of fine lines
  6. Suitable for all skin types


DMGM Skin Primer


DMGM Skin Primer


My Opinion

Starting with the positives, the DMGM Skin Primer is very easy to apply due to its transparent and gel like appearance. You can literally apply it with your eyes closed! It is also odorless and leaves your skin feeling soft, supple and velvety smooth. I also like the fact that it makes applying my foundation a breeze. I use liquid as well as powder foundations and this primer works beautifully with both. Another point in this primer’s favor is that it gives a flawless, refined and a finished look to my makeup.



DMGM Skin Primer Swatch


I also find its packaging to be very practical. Though styled simply, the bottle is sleek and small in size which makes it very easy to carry in your handbag. The mouth of the bottle is also designed to be travel friendly. It is small in size which is a great way to avoid product leakages. Also, the consistency of the primer is unaffected by heat and it remains intact and does not become runny due to being carried outdoors.      






On the downside, the DMGM Skin Primer does not do anything for keeping oil at bay and maintaining a matte finish. My face remains oil-free for a maximum of two hours only in summers and three hours in winters. This is a big letdown because once your skin starts getting greasy, your foundation starts wearing off which nullifies the purpose of using a primer in the first place. The primer also has no effect on my pores and does not minimize them.

Go for it if you:

  1. Have dry or combination skin
  2. Want to apply your foundation with a minimum of fuss


Don’t go for it if you:

  1. Want to keep you face shine-free for over two hours
  2. Have oily skin
  3. Have enlarged pores


Hit or miss? A miss!

I always rate products by asking myself one simple question – will I repurchase it? In this case, the answer is no because the DMGM Skin Primer disappoints when it comes to controlling excess oil which is a problem that most of us suffer from living in a city as humid as Karachi.

Priced at Rs. 1300 ($14), the DMGM Skin Primer is available at Naheed Super Store, Zam Zam and Aghas in Karachi.  



My rating for the DMGM Skin Primer is 2.5/5.

Have you tried it yet?


© Rabea J. and from-my-dressing-to-dining-table.blogspot.com, 2012. Unauthorized and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rabea J. and from-my-dressing-to-dining-table.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

2 comments:

  1. Great review...i was thinkin of getting this but will go for anothrr one now. Thanks for sharing:-) do follow back. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Saira! Since you are the FIRST to join my new blog, your compliment means a lot to me and I will always remember and cherish it! :)

    As for a primer, I have been using a new brand for the past few weeks and so far I am pretty happy with it. I plan to review it soon so keep checking for updates :. Do let me know if you find something better and I may just give it a try.

    Cheers!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't hesitate to drop me a line!